Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Night of Wisdom with Annie


Annie... she's the friend whom I prayed that God will give me at the time I needed a person to be called a "friend". How we met? I lined up at a telephone booth here in Makati and she was the one next in line. She heard me talking in my native tounge, Ilonggo, to the person I was talking to at the other line. After my call, she let the one next to her to use the phone, talked to me and asked the most obvious question, "Ilonggo ka?"

Two complete strangers looking for a soulmate. And that was the start of a real and lasting friendship.

---

We met up last Monday night after the business presentation I attended. She fetched me after the meeting and treated me at Tapa King! :-) (Monday was my lucky day. I just spent 10pesos before this dinner. For what? For the tricycle I rode from home to the street near work. And why? Because Richard treated me for lunch. For the afternoon snack, the father of the president of my current client treated his employees for a bountiful afternoon snack, including me. *yay!* And for dinner, Anne treated me.) When she found out my total cost for the day, she insisted that we'll take a cab from Tapa King to our apartment. toinks! I had no choice. bleeeh.

The dinner was a night of wisdom. We mostly talk about mature things, of the changes that happened to us since we met almost 3 years ago. We talked about never owing people any explanation about what you do with your life. She shared that there is no essence in staying to a conflict, or to judge other people about what they do with their lives nor you judge them. We talked about anything that burdens your heart. Two words: Let go. I asked, "Let go of conflicts?" She answered, "Let go... of everything." I breathed.

She stayed overnight at the apartment. I'm expecting her to be at my birthday party tonight. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment