Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dual Personalities – Considering the Profession

I am guilty of not updating my blogs. I made entries here which I kept in my laptop and remain unpublished because I had been thinking of people who will read this blog. What if it will be my colleagues? My senior? What if it will be my boss? What if the country manager of our company will search my name on the net and jump to my site? What if it will be the personnel of my audit client? Most of all, what if it will be the CEO of my audit client?

I might be exaggerating, but it can happen. Once, an audit client employee kept on asking about my birthday. Because of his perseverance to make me answer such simple question, I finally said that I fall under the Libran sign but I didn’t provide any specific date. After the lunch break, he already knew. How? He just used Google, typed my first name and my company initials, and Jaraaaaan! He found my multiply account! Just that simple and easy.

Of course, my entries are wholesome! (Gnpangunahan naya. Haha!) However, my entries speak more of personal opinions and experiences which I rarely share to my colleagues, and most especially, to my audit clients.

Having a blog and expressing my personal views are my ways of exploring more about my character and of sharing what I had learned to the people who read my entries. How I wish that I am ME who will do free writing in this blog, and after publishing the entry, I am the AUDITOR. But ME and AUDITOR are just one. Hahaha! I can also write entries here about my audit experiences. And ME is the auditor. Yay, life..!

Every profession-slash-job-slash-work maintains a level of professionalism, which entails us to observe prudence in our actions – both oral and written. I hope I can still write kilig-to-the-bones stories, as well as pang maalaala-mo-kaya touching stories in my site, without thinking of other’s impressions. Maybe, I will. It depends – yet, there are now certain things that I have to consider before clicking the “Publish Post” button.

rOce...
January 10, 2009 1:26AM

2 comments:

  1. That's wise to consider these things. It's true, you never know who is reading your blog!

    Sometimes I think about this when I am posting to my blog. Maybe someone at my university will read my blog, so I have to be careful when I'm complaining. lol ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. STEPH: Yeah. When you're "welcoming" some maturity, you realize that you have to be careful of what you say, especially in public sites. haha! :p

    ReplyDelete